Terms and Conditions are subject to change, for the latest version on these Conditions please see it online on our Website. These Conditions can be saved electronically or printed by all users of our Website. Whilst they remain posted on our Website, these Conditions will apply to all transactions carried out via our Website, e-mail or/ and by telephone.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ORDERS PLACED BY TELEPHONE, E-MAIL OR VIA LUXXU’s WEBSITE VERSION DATED 01/01/2016
1. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to discontinue products or change specifications on products.
2. Many finishes are applied by hand and may vary in color, tone and character. While LUXXU will make every effort to match a finish, no guarantee can be made of an exact match. LUXXU does not guarantee finishes against fading and oxidizing throughout the years. Variations in color and veining are inherent in stone (marble) and considered to be part of the natural beauty of the material.
3. LUXXU ships its products without bulbs to North America and other countries that use 110-127V outlets.
4. Standard Halogens bulbs are supplied free of charge in every product. However, LUXXU will not be liable for any malfunction of these components during their lifespan. We cannot offer warranty for the bulbs since we are not the manufacturers.
5. Plugs and switches are included and in accordance with the standards of the country to which the product is destined.
6. LUXXU is free to commit any design changes without prior notice. Images on the catalogue or website may vary from the final product. We work every day to enhance our product’s quality, aesthetics, usability and reliability.
1. LUXXU has the ability to customize existing products or new products to meet contract specifications – all situations that require custom designs are subject to an upcharge. Special pricing based on quantity and features will be provided upon request for all customized products – decision will be made on a case-by-case basis and the Buyer will be notified of any said fees.
2. Before any order, LUXXU is free to charge a design fee for more extensive drawings or renders the client may request for customized products. These fees are non-refundable once paid for and will be deducted on the final cost of the order.
1. The values on our Euro and Dollar Price List are public and substitute any other published or advertised before.
2. Prices always refer to a single unit and VAT is not included in the price. All legal taxes and fees must be subsequently added to the price.
3. All prices are EX WORK from Porto, Portugal. They do not include any transportation cost or fees.
4. Standard packaging is included in the price. Should the client require specific packaging, it will be charged accordingly.
1. The prices are EX WORK, they do not include transportation values and fess. Shipping costs are available please contact LUXXU for additional information.
2. Whenever the client chooses to transport the product(s) by his/her own method or mean, LUXXU will be free of any charges or responsibility over events that might occur during transportation.
3. If the transportation is requested to LUXXU, it will be charged apart from the product’s value. Please note all transportation services requires the receiver of the goods to verify their status with the carrier upon delivery. The POD must be signed with reservations subject to verification with / without apparent damage and provided to LUXXU whenever requested. Failure to do so, or to provide written claim for any damage or loss within 7 working days of the delivery will automatically release LUXXU for any liability for damage sustained in transit cargo. LUXXU will also not be liable for any damages resulting from handling, loading or unloading by persons acting on behalf of the receiver. Any transportation of the piece from destination to a second location will forfeit any transportation damage claim.
4. For orders with the final destination out of Europe, LUXXU reserves the right to issue the DU (export document) which has a cost of 80 Euros per invoice.
4.1. For orders with the final destination to the US, LUXXU reserves the right to issue the DU (export document) which has a cost of $99 per invoice.
1. Storage fees may be applied up to of 10% of total invoice price per week if outstanding invoice balance is not paid in full and/or shipping arrangements have not been made within ten (10) business days after being informed that the order is ready. The 10% charge will be compounding each week in Portugal.
1. We keep a reasonable number of products available for shipment. To get hold of our Ready to ship List, please contact one of our Sales and Product Specialist or access through this link: Ready to Ship List.
1. LUXXU has samples available of all its standard finishes, for brass, crystal glass, Swarovski crystals and cords. If the clients wish to acquire any of the finishes they should contact, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at +351 91 492 60 64 in order to purchase them.
1. Packaging is included in the price, when mandatory the use of wooden box the client should instruct when placing the order; if the client requires specific packaging, they will be charged accordingly.
1. LUXXU may provide all of the following services for a special fee – please contact our staff regarding prices: Certificate of Origin, Authentication of Invoices, SASO Certificates, Inspections, Storage and Demurrage, Change of Details on Final Invoice.
1. Should the article received fail your expectations in any way, please provide written claim to LUXXU within the first 48 hours after reception. Photographic evidence supporting your allegation must be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com or the respective sales representative. Upon confirmation of any defect, LUXUU compromises to replace the defective part/piece integrally, within a period agreed with the client. The defective part/ piece must be received by LUXXU in its original package before any replacement can be send - especially in all cases concerning customize products or new products created to meet contract specifications.
2. For all sales made to Russia, and in case of return the goods for complaint, it is the customer’s responsibility to get the goods to a point of distribution in Europe, such as Italy or Germany, and support this shipping. After checking the claimed piece and in case of proof of production problem, LUXXU will support all the previous transportation costs related to the fixing of the issue.
1. All accounts will only be registered once the first pro-forma is issued. Client has to provide valid company details such as: Billing name, Billing address, VAT number (company registration number or resale number). A credit application accompanied by the client’s certificate of resale is required to open an account. Open credit terms will be considered on an individual basis, after the first pro-forma order.
Standard Product - 50% to adjudicate the work (order) + 50% before the goods are shipped;
Custom-made Product - 100% (total payment to start production);
Orders go into production only after LUXXU has confirmed that the final invoice is signed/stamped by the client and the adjudication value has been received; The payment must be made by account transfer (in Euros) and the confirmation (receipt) of the transfer must be sent along with the signed/stamped invoice by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the respective sales representative;
The lead time starts the day the orders goes into production;
Payments in advance are non-refundable.
Between 6-8 weeks + 2 for customized works + shipping
Beneficiary name: ILLIONAIRE SOCIETY, LDA
Beneficiary address: Travessa Marques de Sá, nº 68, 4435-324 Rio Tinto, Gondomar, Portugal
Account no (euros): 0010 0000 56813110001 21
Iban no (euros): PT50 0010 0000 5681 3110 0012 1
Bank name: BPI – Banco Português de Investimento
Bank address: Centro Empresas Porto
Av. da Boavista, 1117 - 4º, Porto, 4100-129 Porto
1. There are no warranties with our products. When issues arise, LUXXU reserves the right to determine whether a replacement or repair is most appropriate.
1. LUXXU has the ability to customize existing products or new products to meet contract specifications. These orders will necessitate special pricing based on quantity and features.
Please contact LUXXU for contract quotes.
1. Dealer internet websites may neither advertise, nor in any way display the LUXXU name, logo, product images or any other branded company symbols or information without prior written consent from the company. Dealer websites may not display pricing on LUXXU pieces, promotional offers, discounts or value statements (e.g. lowest price in town). Please contact LUXXU for further company guidelines on internet usage.
1. All rights reserved. No part of LUXXU design pieces may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including prototyping, 3D drawings, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the brand, except noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the brand, addressed “Attention: Copy Right permission,” at email@example.com.
Large chandeliers must be maintained by experienced professionals who know how to take them apart, to clean each part and
to place everything back correctly.
The most important thing to remember when you are cleaning your chandelier is to treat it gently! Crystals can be scratched and damaged easily if you not handled properly and the chandelier frame can be ruined if you aren’t careful.
Remember to clean off fingerprints after hanging the texture or changing bulbs.
Small and medium sized chandeliers should be dusted regularly in order to avoid more integral cleaning procedures.
The cleaning frequency will depend where the lighting texture is. Entryway and near kitchen chandeliers tens to need more frequent cleaning.
A rule of thumb is to clear the lighting every 12 months.
Metal textures are protected with a coat of clear UV varnish to keep the finish from tarnishing, so brass polish is not necessary.
Damage to this protection coating from harsh cleaning products may lead to a tarnished finish. Do not use damp cloths, abrasive cleaners or water on the metal as these may damage the surface. Dust regularly with a soft dry cloth.
Wipe the crystal surface and all the accent pieces with a clean, soft cloth on a regular basis to maintain the brilliancy of the
crystals. Always use soft, cotton cloths. Paper towels and disposable dusting cloths can scratch the crystals.
Dry cleaning is the way of cleaning your lighting texture from dust using a clean and soft cloth.
You need to prepare a place to set the crystals and light bulbs before you remove them.
If the structure of the texture allows for the crystal suspensions to be taken off, that will simplify the cleaning – just carefully wash them in cool water with special cleaning agents for crystals, then dry it with a soft cloth. Or put on a pair of cotton gloves soaked in methylated spirits and rub the crystal and ornaments gently. The spirits will evaporate very quickly, so soak your gloves into the spirits often while cleaning. Be careful not to clean around the metal textures.
If it is impossible to take off the crystal suspensions, then carefully and without pressure, wipe the crystals with wet and soft cloth.
Careful care and compliance with these easy LUXXU recommendations will help you enjoy the beauty of lamps, crystal chandeliers, wall lamps for long years.
Marble is a porous material. It is a soft stone susceptible to etching and staining if don’t protect it carefully.
Avoid acid solutions coming into contact with marble, applies to cleaning products as well (vinegar, lemon juice or other cleaners containing acid).
Wiping the surfaces with warm, sudsy water and a nonabrasive sponge or soft cloth is the best method for cleaning, but will not remove etching or stains that have had time to permeate the surface.
What are the benefits from buying LUXXU products?
LUXXU is a luxury lighting brand with a harmonious synthesis between innovation and tradition, the rare handwork techniques of the craftsman and contemporary creativity.
LUXXU pieces are all handmade, which means you will be the owner of one piece specially made for you. Additionally, you can custom your piece according to your taste and needs.
The exclusive design of our pieces is able to transform any ambience and leaves strong feelings.
Where can I buy LUXXU products?
LUXXU is sold worldwide. You can purchase through us directly by contacting one of our Sales & Product Specialists. All pieces are made to order.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will find the closest available Representative.
How do I place an order?
To place an order please visit our Contact Us or email your requests to email@example.com with the appropriate information and our Sales & Product Specialists will assist you. You may also call us at : +351 91 492 60 64 (Europe) to speak directly to a Sales & Product Specialist.
How can I contact LUXXU’s Direct Customer Care Team?
Please send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to speak to a Sales & Product Specialist, you can contact us directly at +351 91 492 60 64 (Europe), or through Whatsapp Service. LUXXU Direct Customer Care is available Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm (London time GMT +1:00).
How long is the production process, when can I expect my pieces to ship?
There is an 8-10 week minimum lead-time for production. According to the quantity and complexity of the fixtures, the time may be higher. Once the order has completed production and all remaining balances are paid, your pieces will ship at the earliest convenience. Delivery times may vary depending on the destination country. You will receive an e-mail confirmation once your order has been shipped.
What is the status of my order? How do I track my order?
If at any time during your order you would like to know the status, please consult your Sales & Product Specialist and they will provide you with the appropriate information.
Where are the products made?
LUXXU pieces are handcrafted in Oporto, Portugal, by a team of highly skilled craftsmen who works closely with a group of exceptionally artistic and well-rounded Portuguese product designers led by our Senior Designer.
What materials do you use?
We used the finest selection of materials as brass (with a real gold plated bath of 14k), crystal glass, Swarovski crystals and marble.
We have a vast portfolio of finishes:
- Brass: Gold Plated, Brushed Brass, Nickel Plated, Brushed Nickel, Black Nickel Plated, Brushed Black Nickel, Aged Brass, Cooper Plated, Brushed Cooper;
- Crystal Glass: Ambar Colour, Clear Colour, Crystal Tear;
- Swarovski Crystals: Crystal Colour, Ambar Colour, Gold Antique Colour, Black Colour (Different Swarovski Crystal Colours can be chosen under-price consultation);
- Cords: Gold Textile, Black Textile, White Textile, Silver Textile, Gold Rubber, Black Rubber, Silver Rubber;
- Marbles: Estremoz, Carrara, Nero Marquina;
Some products may have marks, minor pitting, porosity, and small colour anomalies. These are the distinguishing traits of our handcrafted casted brass products.
For samples of any of our materials, please contact one of our Sales & Product Specialist for information and availability. We also offer a LUXXU sample box for purchase with finishes, materials and accent samples.
Can the pieces be modified?
Yes, custom or bespoke orders are accepted, however LUXXU reserves the right to deny certain customizations. Custom orders may be subject to a customization fee or special pricing based on the extent of the modifications. Custom fees are determined on a case-by-case basis, at which time the Buyer will be notified of any additional fees. Custom pieces are also subject to an extended lead time, based on the extent of the modifications. Custom orders are not returnable under any circumstances. If a custom order is received produced incorrectly (i.e.: wrong finish) LUXXU reserves the right to reproduce or repair the current merchandise prior discussing a return. All custom order returns due to production issues will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Can you send me materials, colours and finishes’ samples?
Yes. Material and Finish samples are 25€ per sample for clients within Europe, and $30 USD for clients in USA.
Are the bulbs included?
LUXXU sent the recommended bulbs in all the fixtures except for USA.
Are the fixture LEDS compatible?
All the G9 bulb holders are compatible with LED bulbs.
What’s the maximum wattage?
Up to 40W.
How do I know if my order has been received?
Upon placing an order, we require a 40% deposit. After receiving your deposit, we will send you a receipt along with your order confirmation and a summary of your purchase. You should receive your order confirmation within 24 hours from our Sales & Product Specialist. If you do not receive your order confirmation, feel free to call +351 91 492 60 64 (Europe) to confirm that your order has been received.
Can I change or amend my order once it has been placed?
Changes to your order can only be made within the first 48 hours of purchase. Unfortunately, LUXXU cannot accept modifications once orders are placed. All goods are custom made to order specifications. The client will have to place a new order with no implications on the previous one.
What are my payment options?
To purchase LUXXU products you only can use Wire Transfers. For Wire Transfers your Sales & Product Specialist will provide you with the necessary bank details.
How do you manage shipping?
We will arrange shipping, but clients are responsible for all shipping costs. If you are not satisfied with our carriers or shipping costs you are able to use your own carrier.
Do you have a minimum order?
No, LUXXU have minimum orders. Please see “How do I place an order”.
What are the standard pricing and payment terms?
We require a 40% deposit to begin the order, and the final balance plus shipping costs must be collected before shipping. Orders are not cancellable after the first payment in any circumstance.
Can I choose the currency I’m paying in?
The currency will be stated on your invoice. We only accept USD and Euro payments.
When am I billed?
A 40% payment is needed to begin production. A 60% balance plus shipping cost are due prior to factory departure.
Who should I contact if I have questions relating to my order after I have made a purchase?
You can always contact your Sales and Product Specialist. They will be able to assist you. Any damages, issues or incorrect orders must be reported within 48 hours of receiving the merchandise.
Is my package insured and do I need to sign for my order?
This all depends on the carrier you choose to use. If you will be using one of our selected carriers, then we will arrange for your items to be insured. Also, our selected carriers will contact you to schedule a delivery date and require a signature upon delivery at which point responsibility for your purchased goods passes to you. If you have specified a recipient who is not, you for delivery purposes (for example as a gift) then you accept that evidence of a signature by them (or at that delivery address) is evidence of delivery and fulfilment by LUXXU and transfer of responsibility in the same way.
How do I know that my order has been shipped?
When your order is nearing completion, we will notify you so shipment can be arranged. Your Sales & Product Specialist will be able to assist throughout this process.
What is the difference between “order date” and “ship date”?
The order date will be the day we received your 40% deposit and place the order with our production team. The ship date will be once your order is complete and we receive the 60% remaining balance plus shipping costs.
Can I change my shipping address after my order has been dispatched?
No, once your order has been dispatched, we are unable to redirect your delivery to another address. If changes are made the client is responsible for contacting the shipping company and accept any additional charges. Please make sure that the shipping address is correct as we’re unable to redirect orders once they are on their way to way.
Before we can dispatch your purchases, we may need to confirm your details with your card issuer. We will do our best to keep delays to a minimum. We work closely with our shipping partner to minimize the potential impact of custom delays on our international customers.
What countries do you ship to?
LUXXU ships worldwide. We sell our pieces all over the world and we provide help with the transportation. We work closely with our shipping partners to minimize the potential impact of custom delays on our overseas customers.
Do you ship to PO Boxes or APO/FPO addresses?
What happens if I am not in when the parcel arrives?
We require all of our pieces to be signed for upon delivery. The carrier should correspond with you a delivery appointment, so that you will be there to receive.
What is your return/exchange policy?
All goods are custom made to order specifications. There are no returns or exchanges. If there is an issue with your order and you report this within 48 hours we can work with you to repair or replace your piece, but we do not accept returns or exchanges. The refusal of damaged merchandise in no way relieves the purchaser of responsibility for payment of goods.
Do you offer a repairs service?
Our complimentary repairs service will analyse case by case. All claims for freight damage must be made within these 48 hours of receipt. LUXXU will not accept any claim on merchandise after this period. Signature of receipt by the Client’s agent or employee constitutes full acceptance of all packages stated on the bill of lading or electronic clipboard in undamaged condition.
How can I clean my product?
Please read our detailed instructions for Clean & Care available in our homepage.
How long is the products warranty?
There are no warranties with our products. When issues arise, LUXXU reserves the right to determine whether a replacement or repair is most appropriate.
Do you accept new agents, what do I have to do?
LUXXU is currently accepting new agents worldwide. To become one, you need to get in contact with us at email@example.com, explain your interest in representing LUXXU in your market and agree to accept our terms and conditions available in our website for consultation.
Do you keep stock?
Yes, we keep a reasonable number of products available for shipment in the next day of purchase. To get hold of our Ready to Ship list, please contact one of our Sales and Product Specialists or access through this link: Ready to Ship List.
Can you tell me when new products or special campaigns are announced?
Yes! Simply provide your email in the subscribe option (at the bottom of the homepage) and you will be eligible to receive e-mail updates on new products, sales, events and other special announcements.
Where can I find a store near me that carries your product?
LUXXU sells directly to the trade, we are only shown in exclusive showrooms. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What are the LUXXU’s customer responsibilities during product selection and ordering?
LUXXU will provide exact dimensions and/or design drawing for bespoke lighting orders (custom projects), or approve drawings by company prior to production, insure scale and fit for application. Afterwards, we will provide the Client with a written P.O. (purchase order) with complete specifications to initiate production of lighting in a timely manner. During production, LUXXU will inform the ultimate client of accurate lead times and status of orders as production proceeds.
Is my personal information kept private?
LUXXU is a brand that favours secrecy and confidentiality. All these data have rigorous and secret treatment.
Balance Due Notice (BDN)
An invoice sent to a Customer to collect the balance due on a Sales Order. A BDN reflects all of the activity against a Sales Order, including the total Order amount and all payments made by the Customer.
A drawing or sketch of a custom product provided to a Customer by LUXXU or Represented Vendor. Drawings typically illustrate significant product dimensions and product structure. See "Drawing for Approval."
A Sales Quote for a custom product. Such a quote is typically obtained via email directly with our Sales & Product Specialist regarding feasibility, availability and pricing.
Customer's Own Pick Up
A method of shipment that stipulates the Customer will contract delivery services directly with a carrier/shipper rather than requesting that LUXXU do so. The carrier/shipper invoices the Customer directly.
A fee charged to a Customer for design service provided by the LUXXU Design Studio, including that of a stand-alone service that may also involve the purchase of product and a subsequent up charge on the price of the product.
Drawing For Approval (DFA)
A drawing of a custom item that is provided to a Customer by LUXXU or a Represented Vendor for approval prior to production. The drawing illustrates significant product dimensions and product structure.
Estimated Completion Date (ECD)
The date that a Make To Order Item is scheduled for completion and ready for shipment.
The charge billed to a Customer for shipping product to a ship-to address.
A type of delivery in which product is delivered and installed at the end user's location, a.k.a. "White Glove Service".
The selling price of a product charged to a trade professional, i.e. designer, architect, or Specifier, by a Showroom. "Net Price" is also referred to as "Designer Discount Price" or "Wholesale Price."
The email sent by a Salesperson and given to the Customer confirming receipt of the Customer Purchase Order or a Customer-signed Sales Quote and receipt of monies per LUXXU policy, i.e. Pro Forma or Payment in Full, depending on the product. It also confirms the Item's readiness to begin production. An Order Acknowledgement indicates any missing criteria required for production.
Payment In Full (PIF)
The 100% payment required for Replenish able and Drop Ship product, a.k.a. "Paid in Full."
The sales terms that specify the payment(s) a Customer must make before product is shipped.
Proof Of Delivery (POD)
The document signed by the receiver that indicates the quantity and apparent condition of the goods received.
Requested Delivery Date
The Customer-requested date for product delivery.
A per diem fee charged to the Customer for product requiring storage due to an outstanding balance more than 60 days after the Balance Due Notice was issued.
To The Trade
This term is used to describe the wholesale relationship between Showrooms and trade professionals, i.e. designers, architects, and Specifiers.